Every retreat we end up making some of the most amazing food and since we continually get asked for those recipes, we thought why not just share with everyone!
Egg Roll In A Bowl
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- mushrooms (optional)
- green onion
- sesame oil
- apple cider vinegar
- fresh ginger (I often substitute the ginger in a squeeze bottle)
- low-sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Sriracha or sweet chili sauce, optional
- Heat oil in a skillet. Sauté garlic and onion, then add ground meat and cook until done.
- Add mushrooms, shredded carrots, grated ginger, and coleslaw mix. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve garnished with chopped green onions and Sriracha or sweet chili sauce.
- 4 cups Iceberg Lettuce, chopped into 2 inch pieces (about 1/2 large head of lettuce)
- 1 large Tomato, cut into about 10 - 12 slices (lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup baked Ham, julienned (can use turkey or shrimp)
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, julienned (We use Monterey Jack Cheese Char doesn't like swiss)
- 1/2 cup Pimiento-stuffed Green Spanish Olives, left whole
- 1/2 cup Romano/Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Juice of 1 Lemon
For the "1905" Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin Spanish Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Oregano
- ⅛ cup White Wine Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- In a large salad bowl, combine Lettuce, Tomato, Ham (or choice of Meat), Swiss Cheese, and Olives.
- Just before serving, add in the “1905” Dressing, Cheese, Worcestershire Sauce, and the Juice of 1 Lemon.
- Toss together until salad is covered well with dressing and serve.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Every Retreat we have, we end up making some really amazing food! We've been asked for the recipe a few times so we thought why not share with everyone!
- 1 pound spaghetti , cooked two minutes shy of directions and drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic , minced
- 6 cups Marinara Sauce ( Jar is fine...don't stress on this)
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large skillet add the beef, onions, garlic, salt and pepper into the pan and cook on high.
Once browned, turn off the heat, drain the liquid left in the pan and mix in one cup of the marinara sauce.
Add the cooked spaghetti to the remaining 5 cups of the marinara sauce and toss to combine.
Mix the cream cheese and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese in a bowl.
Add half the pasta/sauce to the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
Add the cream cheese mixture and top with the remaining pasta/sauce mixture.
Add the meat sauce mixture on top of the pasta and top with the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly